Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oil and Honey? No Thank You!


Proverbs 5: 3 For the lips of an adulteress drip honey and her speech is smother than oil.
This passage comes from the warnings against adultery but it struck me differently. I just kept thinking that I don’t want to be deceitful in relationships. I don’t want to put on a façade that needs to be kept up for appearances. Now obviously, I don’t ever want to be an adulteress. But I also don’t want to lead someone on by not being honest. I want to be someone that tries to live a life pleasing to Christ. Part of that is being honest with your words. I don’t want speech that is smooth like oil that everything slips off of. I want honesty. I don’t want to persuade someone to do something because of the way I said something or through my body language, I want them to do it because I’m honest and because they want to do it. I think that females have to much power in the way we move and speak and it’s a dangerous thing if we let it get the best of us. We need to live with honesty and integrity. Not a life of oil and honey.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The sermon I listened to while I was running the other day was over Proverbs 5...

    YOU ARE IN MY HEAD.

    It was focused more on being so drunk on what God has already blessed you with so that you are not tempted by the woman :)

    But I like your side of it as well. Speak Truth... not just words that "sound nice and churchy"...

    I'm a fan Sister Lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!! that is all i have to say

    ReplyDelete