Thursday, January 8, 2009


Genesis 9:6
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man”.

So my question is this, do you believe it is right to support the death penalty as a believer in Christ?

I have always supported the death penalty and this is why. I honestly feel that some people don’t deserve to share this earth with me. I think some people have given their lives over to the evil one and deserve to die for the things they have done to others. Now, this is my personal view on it, just to make that clear. I once had a woman who didn’t share my ideas try to convince me that I was wrong. Her question to me was how, as a believer in Christ, could I reconcile the idea that killing someone was right?
But then you can look at the life of someone like Mike, the guy that was invaded this past week. He wanted to kill Craig, his life was taken over by evil. But God restored him. God could do that for anyone.
And another thought. Since this verse is in the Old Testament, doe's it still apply today? Jesus did come and die for everyone's sins, so is this as obsolete as like, animal sacrifices?

So that’s my thoughts on it. I really just wanted to know what everyone else thinks about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment