Monday, January 19, 2009

Matthew

Matthew 10:40-42
40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

This was part of the passage in my readings today. When I first read this it reminded me of all the people that pour themselves into my life and help guide me on my journey to live my life for Christ. I feel blessed by them all the time and sometimes I wish I could do more to bless them in return for all they do for me. it’s cool to know that God is blessing them for me. That He sees their good works and their obedience and rewards them accordingly. How truly awesome is our God!
It also made me think of all our students. Sometimes it’s hard to see the impact we have on them and it’s easy to feel lost or like your not making a difference in their lives. It’s comforting to know that God see our selfless work and is blessing us even when we feel that we’re not doing much for His Kingdome.

No comments:

Post a Comment